Due to the length of the interactive modules, behaviour and enrichment have been split into two online modules. The learning document combines both topics.
The aim of this module is to gain knowledge and understanding of:
- What natural, normal and rewarding behaviours are for animals.
- How the expression of normal, natural and rewarding behaviours support good animal
welfare and how this can be encouraged through the provision of enrichment.
- How a lack of appropriate environmental and behavioural choices can lead to poor
- What an abnormal behaviour is, how it can lead to stereotypical behaviours and poor
- How enrichment provision can be planned, undertaken and assessed as part of a
programme to promote good animal welfare standards.