We are looking to hire a Projects & Development Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our small, dedicated team and help grow our organisation. For the right person, we will provide training to support career growth and development.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to Georgina Allen email@example.com
The closing date for this post is the 2nd of May.
Job Title: Projects & Development Manager
Location: Home-based in the UK, some international travel required
To help develop and implement the yearly project portfolio of field, resource and social media activities, supporting the growth of Wild Welfare and confidence in our global work. You will be required to develop appropriate communications to present to all key stakeholders, including report writing, newsletter, website updates and grant applications. You will also be required to contribute to Wild Welfare’s resource database and research activities. In regard to field activities, you will be required to travel to relevant project locations to oversee and develop Wild Welfare’s programmes and deliver training when relevant.
- To support the development of Wild Welfare’s yearly project and operational strategy.
- To support the development of Wild Welfare’s social media, PR and fundraising plan.
- To regularly update social media with relevant project and related activities to grow our supporter interest and database.
- To regularly update the website with relevant project and related activities.
- To support the development of welfare resources.
- To travel to project locations and conferences to oversee Wild Welfare’s programmes of work.
- To deliver training programmes within relevant project locations.
- To help manage UK and overseas volunteers when required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering zoo queries and responses on behalf of Wild Welfare
- Carry out administrative inductions with new members of staff to the team
- Attend training courses, exhibitions & shows as and when required
- To represent Wild Welfare within relevant animal welfare and zoo forums.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the company from time to time
Key Skills (Required)
- Academic & practical background in animal management and/or animal welfare science.
- Proven competency in social media usage.
- Self-motivated and independent with ability to work under difficult conditions.
- Strong organisational skills in both operational and administrative areas.
- Good written skills and proven experience in developing communication resources.
- Good communication skills with a calm and approachable manner.
- Capable of multi-tasking and engaging with a wide variety of people.
Key Skills (Preferable)
- Experience in training staff in animal care.
- Experience in animal management within a captive facility.
- Experience in fundraising and strategy planning.