Volunteer Description : Donor Prospect Research
Title: Animal Welfare Fundraising and Research Support
Location: UK (home based)
Reporting To: Fundraising Manager
Expenses paid as per Volunteer Agreement
Could you help us help even more wild animals thrive in captivity around the world? If so we are looking for you!
The demand for Wild Welfare’s help is growing and we are now looking for support to help identify, categorise and approach new donors that will help us help more animals around the world! The ideal candidate will be a self-starter as it is home based, however we are a small friendly team and this role will be actively supported by our Fundraising Manager and Executive Director. Good written communication is essential and a knowledge and interest in animal welfare and fundraising experience is useful, but there will also be opportunities to learn through the role.
Please note, if we receive a high amount of applications we may need to close the advert prior to the closing date listed and unfortunately can only respond to short-listed applicants.
Commitment: Flexible hours during the week that suit you and the charity. We are hoping that a minimum of 15 hours a week can be given but welcome less and more dependent on the right applicant.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in donor research and navigating grant application requirements.
- Good written skills, confident communication skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and independent with ability to work on their own.
- Strong interest in animal welfare and the care of captive wild animals.
Other skills that would be useful
- Experience in public fundraising, using on-line fundraising platforms and developing fundraising campaigns.
- To review and research identified donor prospects on their eligibility to support Wild Welfare activities.
- To identify and research further Trust and Foundation and Corporate donor prospects.
- To support current fundraising campaigns (we will encourage your involvement in team decisions on campaign and fundraising actions).
How to apply: The closing date for applications is the 18th November. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter. Please note that we will require references for any successful applicant.